1. When did you see her? What ________ then?
A.was she doing B.did she do C.is she doing D.has she hone
2. Be quiet! They ________ a meeting in the next room.
A.are having B.have C.were having D.will had
3. What will you ________ at six this evening? I’ll probably be having supper.
A.do B.doing C.have D.be doing
4. We ________ on it for many hours but we have not yet reached any conclusion.
A.work B.have been working C.are working D.have had worked
5. We all hope you ________to the party next week.
A.to come B.be able to come C.come D.will be able to come.
6. I ________ help. I can do it myself.
A.need to B.don’t need C.needn’t D.need
7. Since the road is wet, ________last night.
A.it must have rained B.it must rain
C.it must be raining D.it must have been raining.
8. I’ve come to ask him for the book. That’s why I ________ wait until he comes back.
A.need B.should C.ought to D.have to
9. Great changes ________ in China since 1978.
A.take the place B.took the place of C.have taken placeD.have been taken place
10. The medicine________ cool, clean and dry.
A.must keep B.must be kept C.must be keep D.must be in .
11. Have you moved into the new house?Not yet. The rooms ________.
A.are being painted B.are painting C.are painted D.are being paint
12. This kind of wood ________ houses.
A.used to building B.are used to building
C.is used to build D.is used to building
13. A group of ________will come to our school tomorrow.
A.Germany B.Germans C.German D.Japaneses
14. That bottle is made of________.
A.glass B.glasses C.the glass D.a pair of glasses
15. There are ten ________ in our school.
A.woman teachers B.women teacher
C.woman teacher D.women teachers
16. This piece of ________ is long enough for you to make a shirt.
A.cloth B.clothes C.clothing D.suit
17. English was taught at the beginning of ________ century in China.
A.nineteen B.nineteenth C.the nineteenth D.the nineteen
18. John turned round and looked at him in ________ surprise.
A.an B./ C.the D.a
19. We’ll leave our school in________.
A.two year and a half B.two years and a half
C.two and half a years D.two and half a year
20. We’ll take ________ trip to Hangzhou tomorrow.
A.a two-days B.a two-day C.a two day’s D.a two day